Sep 25, 2008

It 'should' have been easy.....

Last week at camp we made this lovely card, designed by my friend Susan. Yesterday I sat down to begin working on my swaps for the amazing ladies that I swap with. Easy and a job {when time isn't an issue} that I thoroughly enjoy.

One of the Holiday Mini sets that I pre-ordered was Season of Friendship. When making this Upsy Daisy card I thought of the tree - and that it would be a nice silhouette image to add to a background like this.

I didn't want to use fall colors as I already have several ideas that can use the leaves that come in the set - so I thought a winter theme using the snowflakes would be easy. This did present an issue as I would need to keep the snowflakes white on my blue winter background. I tried several different techniques - and spent most of the afternoon - by the end, I wasn't overly thrilled with the card (but it does look better this morning)

Covered in blue ink and a stackful of images that were not quite right......

I finally ended up with a card that I liked. I skipped the embossing and used white stazon and softened the blue choices of ink. Cutting the bird out helped to 'pop' him out. Glossy cardstock smoothed out the background.
Just thought I would share the process - so those of you who think I just whip these things out of my head could see that sometimes it doesn't work quite that way!

No comments: